Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

I think yesterday had to go down as one of the nicest mother's days I've had in recent memory. It all started when I actually woke up on time after a pretty crazy night out(that's another posting all together!)- hopped in my car to go to my parent's house, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but one of the most beautiful sunny mornings... 9am, windows down and I'm on time!
Well, I guess my parents had underestimated me and my ability to make it to mass with them- so my early arrival set the tone for the rest of the day... we went to mass and then went to a restaurant that sits on the SF bay... enjoyed a sampler of crab, filet mignon and shrimp; along with a mimosa or two. Then it was off to home and a nap. My parents decided to go play golf- so two of my friends came over and we floated in pool... I know, it doesn't get much better- ah, but it does. Right when I was becoming a little to prunie, it was off to mother's day dinner. Prime Rib(rare) was the order around the table... my brother in law ruined the sweep by ordering another form of cow.... but that's okay. A few bottles of Cabernet, a few bites of the garlic mash and we were off to dessert- that's right.... Baskin Robbins!
Well, after arriving home, all 5 of us, perfectly plump- the game was on. Who would take home the crazy eights title ? Well, it wasn't me, but that's okay. I was out of the game, which meant, I was able to put on my bathing suit and get in the Jacuzzi first. I know, it seems like the endless day of pleasure... and honestly, it was. After, another bottle of vino and a dip in the jacuz, Grey's Anatomy came on... a perfect end to a perfect day!
The best part of the day I think was the easy flow and agreeable moods that everyone was in. Just happy to be with each other and more than happy that we have one GREAT MOM to celebrate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how could you enjoy Grey's anatomy with both Denny and Burke possibly dead?!?!?!

ThatBeeGirl said...

So that means you didn't watch "The Sopranos!" For shame!
;)