Friday, May 19, 2006

Choices

So, I used to work for this very handsome man- however, now I do not. He is in fact single, as am I. We enjoy each other's company. I need a new apartment, he has a room available in his house. I have a great job- he has offered me an awesome opportunity.
Things I have concluded= I am not moving into his available room, I will find an apartment.
Well, that's all I've concluded. See, I'm a strong believer of not dating someone I am working with or for. I am also a believer in the decade rule(this is for myself, not necessarily others!)... he is a tad bit more than a decade older than me. Okay, keep your pants on- a decade only means 10 years, not 20, and he does fall closer to the 10 years.
Bee has offered great advice- I have to choose... date or work with him- NOT BOTH. I know earlier I said, I'm a strong believer in that same concept, but in case you haven't noticed... I'm full of contraditions- note: decade rule and the fact that this man is more than a decade older.
Anyways, if you've gotten this far- I might as well let you know a little bit more about myself- so here's 10 things.
10. On average, I consume at least one glass of chocolate milk a day.
09. I have aunts named Re, Ro and Te, Re and Ro are sisters, Te is their sister-in-law
08. Every time I walk up a flight of stairs, I count them- even if I walk the same stairs daily.
07. On that note, when I'm bored, I make up math equations in my mind and try to come up with the answers without using paper or a calculator. Otherwise, I make up songs and sing them to myself.
06. I have a scar in the corner of my forehead... got stitches twice in the same exact spot a year to the month- once because I fell when my sister was chasing me, once because my brother was chasing me... both because I tripped and hit the same corner of the same piece of furniture.
05. In fourth grade, I got caught cheating twice within a week.
04. In college, I had a suspended license and warrant out for my arrest for a full year(and I still drove)... why, because I never paid my fix-it ticket.... so stupid of me, however when I did appear in court and pay my $1100 bail, the judge gave it all back to me! I still learned my lesson though.
03. Knock on wood- I have never broken a bone in my body.
02. I have a tattoo of a shamrock with a heart in the middle- so that wherever I go, I bring luck and love... I came up with the tag line after I got the tattoo!
01. On my 6th birthday, my family went to Disneyworld- Goofy slapped me across the face with his big soft hand, my sister witnessed it, my parents didn't believe me- my sister didn't tell my parents until a few years later that it was true. "Why did he slap you?", one might ask... Another kid pulled his tail and ran away- I was next in line and standing there with my Disney Princess' autograph book- he said, "You bad girl" and slapped... never signing my book. Needless to say, I was never a fan of the "Goof Troop" fad!

2 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

Did the "piece of furniture" happen to be a credenza?
;)

Anonymous said...

i want to dress up as Goofy for halloween and haunt you.